Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
Exquisitely Edible Flower Collection boasts flowers that are tasty as well as pretty. Take your gourmet cooking to an all new level with fresh colorful ingredients and garnishes. Seeds included in this collection:
• Calendula 'Sherbet Fizz' (Calendula officinalis) This calendula boasts beautiful ecru colored blooms with deep red undersides giving this calendula visual as well as palate appeal. Calendula imparts a mildly bitter taste with spicy and tangy undertones.
• Clove Pink (Dianthus caryophyllus) High contrasting candy pink blooms impart a clove-nutmeg flavor to deserts, syrups and even drinks. Phillips of Bristol Pink Cloves Cordial is an old English Liqueur that makes use of clove pinks.
• White Borage (Borago officinalis alba) Ornate white blooms with mauve centers abound in mass on sturdy plants. Use this sweet cucumber flavored flower as a garnish or add to a salad for taste and visual appeal.
• Anise Hyssop 'Blue Spike' (Agastache foeniculum) Blue Spike's regal indigo blooms are small and numerous borne on stalks that arise from the base. Anise hyssop adds a citrus-like couple with anise-like flavor to pastries and teas.
• Pansy 'Jolly Joker' (Viola x wittrockiana) Jolly Joker pansy touts bright and bold contrasting purple and orange petals that add eye catching appeal to salads. Pansies can also be crystalized to use as decorations on cakes or even frozen into ice cubes and served up for fancy gourmet drinks.
• Nasturtium 'Cherry Rose Jewel' (Tropaeolum majus) These Raspberry Red nasturtiums impart a mildly spicy flavor to salads and can be substituted in any dish calling for chives. Want to take it up a notch? Use the fresh nasturtium seeds which boast even more spicy flavor likened to a radish type taste.
• Sunflower 'Chocolate Cherry' (Helianthus annuus) The Deep mahogany petals of Chocolate Cherry will add depth, color and flavor to salads and fresh eating applications. The unopened buds can also be steamed and eaten much like artichokes. Prepared in this fashion, they impart a taste of sweet corn with an undertone of earthy bitterness.
• Cornflower 'Frosty Mix' (
cyanus) Frosty Mix cornflowers tout dainty single and semi-double bicolored blooms of pink, lavender and blue that impart a clove-like flavor as well as some added health benefits to salads, drinks and deserts. Cornflower is used in the famous Earl Grey Tea.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides).
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.