Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
Naturally ripened to perfection, these tantalizing treasures from the garden are a summertime favorite worldwide. Grow some of the more obscure fruits from around the globe in your own backyard. The seeds in the Garden Sweet Treats Collection includes:
• Vine Pomegranate (Momordica charantia) Also known as Siamese bitter melon or balsam pear, these 3”-6” fruits are borne in mass on study vines all summer long. The dark red seeds can be eaten much like pomegranate seeds and are extremely sweet!
• Tzimbalo Pear (Solanum Caripense) Sweet grape size fruits that resemble tiny watermelons are produced prolifically on bushy plants.
•Berry 'Golden Pearls' (Solanum villosum) An African berry that is sweet and juicy when ripe. Leaves are reported to have some medicinal properties in their native range.
• Cape Gooseberry (Physalis peruviana) A bright golden sweet berry though to originate in Peru and make it’s way to the cape of Africa during the 1800’s.
• Strawberry 'Baron von Solemacher' (Fragaria Vesca) An antique German variety of alpine strawberry know for its sweet taste and dainty plants.
• Goji Berry 'Black Pearls' (Lycium barbarum) Dark black berries tout better flavor and health benefits than it’s red counterpart.
• Pineapple Guava (Acca sellowiana) Also known as feijoa, this exotic looking flower gives way to a truly unique juicy fruit. Not related to actual guavas.
• Melon 'Mother Mary's Pie' (Cucumis melo) – An heirloom Tennis ball sized melon with bright yellow rind and dense creamy sweet flesh.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides).
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.