Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
The Historic Home and Hearth Collection features cultivars that have had a long run of human utilization. Many times a plant would have several "uses" and these varied by area, tribe or culture. Folk Magic, divination and folk medicine paved the way for modern medicine and religion. Take a look back in history to find how these plants came to be timeless. This seed collection includes:
• Angelica (Angelica archangelica) Also known as wild parsnip. Striking umbel-like blooms. Grow s best in shade.Biennial.
• White Horehound (Marrubium vulgare) Easily naturalized in the garden and a relative of mint, white horehound boasts white colored blooms that are tucked into the stalks and irresistible to bees.
• Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) Known by many names around the world, this plant has been used extensively in culinary and beauty applications.
• Red Deadnettle (Lamium purpureum) Native to Europe and Asia this plants touts fuzzy leaves and purple flowers . It is an early blooming species which makes an excellent food for bees when not much else is available.
• Opium Lettuce (Lactuca virosa) Tall plants boast a multitude of bright yellow blooms attractive to many pollinators.
• Wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) This aromatic African perennial touts silvery leaves that have been collected for centuries.
• Black Caraway (Nigella sativa) Ornate blooms can be either blue or white, the valuable seeds are jet black and have been used throughout Europe and Asia since antiquity.
• Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) This perennial herb touts a light citrus scent to it’s soft serrated leaves. First recorded use was in 300BC by the Greeks and it has been a garden favorite ever since.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides).
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.