Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
The Magnificent Mallow Collection includes vibrant and multicolored cultivars to add to your summer garden. Several species of plants fall under the common label of 'mallow'. The commonality is the flowers tend to be hibiscus-like in color and or shape. Mallows are easy to grow warm weather perennials that can be grown as annuals in cooler areas as most are first year bloomers. This seed collection includes:
• Munro's Orange Globe Mallow (Sphaeralcea munroana) Glowing orange 5 petaled blooms with lemon yellow stamen are irresistible to bees.
• Zebrina Mallow (Malva sylvestris) Lavender blooms with dark violet viening contrast nicely with bright green habits.
• Dwarf Pink Blush Mallow (Lavatera trimestris) Blooms with magenta throats fade to powder pink and produce abundently on compact habits.
• Mystic Merlin Mallow (Malva sylvestris) Royal purple blooms tout deep violet veining that fade to indigo as they age.
• Mini Orange Hibiscus (Pavonia missionum) Massive amounts of fiery orange blooms only about 1 inch across mimic hibiscus flowers quite closely.
•Texas Rockrose (Pavonia lasiopetala) Candy pink blooms cover small shrubs spring through fall on this heat and drought tolerant plant.
• Turkscap Mallow (Malvaviscus arboreus var. drummondii) Dangling fire engine red blooms with ornate stamens protruding past the petals like a feather attract butterflies in droves.
• Brazilian Rock Rose (Pavonia braziliensis) Pristine white blooms with dark mauve centers are heat and drought tolerant and provide much needed nectar for both day and night pollinators.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides).
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.