Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
Milkweed is essential to the preservation of the Monarch butterfly and one of the most spectacular migrations to take place across the North American continent. With development and urbanization across the U.S. at a record high, this "weed" has disappeared from a large portion of the path of migration which spans from Mexico through the U.S. and into Canada. The Milkweed Collection includes:
• Mexican Whorled Milkweed (Asclepias fascicularis) Grows 2’-4’ high with pink umbel flowers and is native to the American southwest and Mexico.
• Bluevine Milkvine (Cynanchum laeve) A white flowered perennial vine that is native thought much of the US. Endangered in Pennsylvania.
• Blue Flowered Milkweed (Oxypetalum coeruleum) – Sky blue flowers are native to South America. Must be grown as an annual or overwintered outside of zone 9.
• Showy Milkweed (Asclepias speciosa) – Large pink flowers are quite noticeable in the flower garden. Native to the western part of the US.
• Antelope Horns Milkweed (Asclepias asperula) – Large ball like blooms of cream with mauve centers are native to the American southwest.
• Horsetail Milkweed (Asclepias verticillata) – A single stem milkweed with white umbel flowers.
• Zizotes Milkweed (Asclepias oenotheroides) – Large cream colored cluster blooms are borne off to the sides of the main stalks.
• Poke Milkweed (Asclepias exaltata) A woodland milkweed native to the Eastern US, the blooms are creamy white and pink and dangle much like a chandelier. Grow in dappled shade.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides).
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.