Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
• Texas Bird Pepper (Capsicum annuum 'glabriusculum') A flaming hot heirloom pepper that grows wild through out the southwest and Mexico. Texas Bird pepper is used in the much loved, commercial hot sauce 'Cholula' and has been a staple pepper used in red chili and Tex-Mex salsa.
• Dulce de España Pepper (Capsicum annuum) A blocky 5"-6" Spanish heirloom pepper renowned for its sweet fruity taste. This all purpose pepper can be used in any recipe that calls for bell peppers
• White Habanero Pepper (Capsicum chinense) Small (2") creamy white peppers native to Peru that pack a solid hot spice with fruity and smoky undertones. Ornamental and edible.
• Mulato Isleno Pepper (Capsicum annuum) A thick sweet pepper native to Old Mexico, it can be used during the green stage like bell peppers or, if left to ripen, it will turn a beautiful mahogany brown and impart a complex smoky flavor to your favorite south of the border recipes.
• Purple Beauty Bell Pepper (Capsicum annuum) A beautiful sweet lilac 3-4 lobed bell pepper that matures to dark purple and finally red. Use fresh when purple to add color to salads. Flesh is green and skin turns green when cooked. Can be eaten at any stage.
• Razzmatazz Pepper (Capsicum annuum) A spicy ornamental pepper from our friends across the pond. This pepper was aptly named as the term means 'to put on a show'. Tiny conical peppers abound in red, yellow, orange, green and purple on tiny compact plants.
• Tobago Seasoning Pepper (Capsicum chinense) A complex habanero shaped pepper that has only a mild heat coupled with complex fruity and smoky notes. This pepper is used dri3ed in Caribbean Jerk Seasoning and fresh in sweet and spicy salsas.
• Bellingrath Gardens Pepper (Capsicum annuum) A 'Belle of the Ball' in the world of peppers, this beauty boasts tri-colored leaves of green, white and lavender. Peppers ripen on a continuous basis giving rise to green red and dark purple spicy conical peppers on the plant at any time.
• Cherry Bomb Pepper (Capsicum annuum) A thick brick red pepper that is moderately spicy and makes a wonderful hors d'oeuvre much like stuffed jalapeños. This variety is native to south America but has been grown in Hungary for years as a pickling pepper.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides).
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.