Themed Garden Collections and Sample Seed Packets
The Twilight Flowers Collection is an exquisite collection of cultivars that bloom once the sun goes down. By doing this, the plants must use tactics other than color to attract night pollinators such as moths. The trade off would appear to be scent. The flowers in this collection will impart heavenly floral aromas to your garden areas as the sun goes down and though out the night. This seed collection includes:
• Evening Primrose 'Innocense' (Oenothera pallida) Compact perennial plants tout fragrant blooms of pristine white that fade to baby powder pink.
• Night Phlox 'Midnight Candy' (Zaluzianskya capensis) A native night bloomer from Africa known as drumsticks, tiny pinwheel shaped blooms emerge in mass at sunset and emit a fragrance likened to warm honey and vanilla.
• African Dream Herb (Silene capensis) Another native of Africa, this pristine white flower appears in mass at sundown and gives off a scent best described as cloves mixed with jasmine. This plant is also a ceremonial plant of the Xhosa tribes of the southern cape.
• Night Scented Stock (Matthiola longipetala) An easy to grow annual, night blooming stock boasts soft lilac flowers that come alive at dusk and emit a heady floral scent.
• Lavender Moonvine (Ipomoea turbinata) Lavender moonvine is a relative of morning glories but this hearty and heavily scented vine puts off a plethora of lavender -pink blooms that open up as the sun goes down.
• Datura 'Box of Chocolates' (Datura metel var. muricata) Datura ‘Box of Chocolates’ touts large (6”) frilly trumpet-like blooms of yellow mottled with purple and cream. Each bloom is unique in its coloring which gives rise to the name ‘box of chocolates’ because ‘you never know what you’re gonna get’!
• Giant Evening Star (Mentzelia decapetala) Also known as 10 petal blazing star, this night bloomer is native to the American southwest. As the sun sets to the west, Giant evening star comes to life with large white star-like blooms that glow in the moonlight and waft a heavenly honey floral scent.
• Evening Primrose 'Glowing Magenta' (Oenothera kunthiana) Raspberry pink cup-like blooms sport glowing yellow stamens that beckon to night pollinators from sundown to sun up. These perennials are not picky about soil and water.
• Evening Primrose 'Sunset Boulevard' (Oenothera versicolor) Sunset Boulevard boasts semi-pendulous apricot orange blooms that fade to salmon pink as the dawn approaches and finally to a dusky red as the day heats up.
Each variety of seeds included in this collection is individually packaged with growing instructions and has been responsibly sourced from environmentally friendly suppliers or grown in our central Texas gardens (free from pesticides). Please note that due to the perishable nature of seeds and variability of individual growing conditions, returns and replacements will only be issued for unopened packages.
For even more fun and savings, check out our other rare seed packets, Grab Bags and Themed Garden Collections.
We provide a great way to stretch your gardening dollars while expanding your plant varieties!
We only source seeds from reputable companies that supply nursery grower stock, responsibly wild collect or personally grow and harvest the seeds we carry.
All seeds are visually inspected and then hand packed into packets that are clearly labeled and include growing instructions.